Black friday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joshb123, Nov 22, 2010.

1. joshb123 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Apple is going to participate in Black Friday? And if so, what does that look like?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

At the most a small discount on some models. Apple does not do the big sale thing.

3. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

The best deals are usually on refurbs. You might save the equivalent of sales tax with Apple on Black Friday.

4. rednano74 macrumors member

BB is running $100-150 gift cards with purchase of the white Macbook, $1499 Macbook Pro and the 27 inch iMac.

5. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi!

Does the gift card offer from Best Buy apply to the 27 inch I5 model?

6. frankwhite217 macrumors newbie

does anybody know if best buy will price match microcenter's $999 deal and still give the gift card on the 13"?

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Wal-Mart is selling the iPod touch 4G for $225 instead of $229

But....... You get a $50 wal mart gift card FTW! :D

8. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

Any chance that Apple will have any type of "deal" on the MBA? I think that would be out of the question, but just wanted to check before I purchase it because I really want to avoid doing any shopping on Friday. Thanks.

9. akkkmed macrumors 6502

10. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Anyone thinking we'll see the fabled $399 TJ Maxx iPad?

11. CaveDog21 macrumors newbie

I have been searching the forums and can't seem to find an answer. On Apple's Black Friday event does the student discount apply as well, i.e. $100 off iMac for students AND the (maybe) $101 discount. or is it one-or-the-other kind of thing? Thanks in advance. I'm just wondering if I should hold off until Friday because I'm buying and iMac for my girlfriend for Christmas.

12. urkel macrumors 68030

Ive never understood peoples desire to buy directly from Apple rather than from a retailer that offers actual discounts. Amazon is always a few bucks cheaper and has no tax/free shipping, MicroCenter (if you have one) sells many Macbooks for $200 off, MacMall offers bundled packages that are a better value and Best Buy has those gift cards they toss in. They're all authorized resellers, they all offer a longer return policy than Apple's silly 10-day and Apple Store geniuses could care less where you buy.

That said, im curious what Apple will do for Black Friday but I really doubt it will be a worthwhile discount. Apple just doesn't play that game.

13. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

+1 For Amazon. I now get all my mac stuff from them because the price is right. :D

Apple usually offer a small discount.

14. MacSignal macrumors regular

Apple.com Black Friday deals have traditionally been pretty mild. The best deals will be through other Apple retailers.

15. CaveDog21 macrumors newbie

Well, what if you want to Build-to-Order something? I'm not sure you can do that on amazon, mac mall yes, but not everyone. Anyway, what about the student discount, do you get a student discount AND the black friday discount or no?

16. andruw000 macrumors newbie

Apple store cheaper than Macmall

for SSD upgrade on either the Air or Pro models. I don't see the advantage of purchasing from Macmall vs Apple (so long as you have the student discount, which just about everybody has access to -- either through themselves or an acquaintance).

I do like that Macmall can pre-install Windows 7, though.

17. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Amazon, to me, is THE place to buy from. I just ordered a 21.5" 3.2ghz Imac for $1449 there, free 2 day shipping, and no sales tax. I get a discount through work at Apple that would have reduced the price to $1409 but tax gets added back in, which brings the price back up to $1530. Whatever sale there is would have to price the Imac's price, including tax, below $1449, and I just don't see that happening. Amazon's Apple pricing is pretty awesome.

18. dacapo macrumors 6502

+1 for Amazon.

Last year, I was tracking MBP prices and noticed that on Black Friday, Apple had lowered their prices by some amount ($50? $100). Amazon then proceeded to lower that price immediately by another $50, which is what I believe authorized resellers are normally allowed to mark down from the Apple retail full price. (+ no tax in many states & free shipping!)

Conclusion: I'll be checking Apple + Amazon early Friday morning!

19. CaveDog21 macrumors newbie

Nice.

Nice. Not a single reply to anything I asked that was relevant.

20. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

well black Friday has been passed and im sry i didn't see this thread earlier :(
    but the answer your question- what apple does is basically gives the apple education discount for everyone (regardless of their age and edu status). so NO, the BF discount wouldn't be able to be combined with the Edu discount as they are the same thing.

however, apple did do new promos, such as the iPad, which the edu discount doesnt do.