Black Friday

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Icyplains, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Icyplains macrumors newbie

Does Apple ever put their computers on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? If so, can you still use the student discount on top of that? I plan on buying one of the new MBP, but can wait till then if they do.

2. StevieRay macrumors newbie

Typically you can find MacBook Pro's for 10% or $100/$200 off around Black Friday from various outlets. Best Buy and MacMall typically have better deals than Apple themselves, and normally most outlets will not let you combine Apple's Education discount with a Black Friday Sale. But it never hurts to ask.

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

In the past, we've never been able to combine the student discount with other discounts.

4. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

I don't know any retailer that allows you to combine discounts. Usually it's one or the other, and if a product currently has an offer it's excluded from further discounts.

5. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Nothing like other retailers. I personally have not seen any big Black Friday offers worth waiting for that day.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They do reduce the offering a bit as noted

Not for nothing, but the past few years, the sales on black friday have been largely meager, nothing better then what I would see on any other sale. Yeah there may be a handful of loss leaders, but nothing earth shattering, like saving hundred or so on a PS4, or what not.

7. Icyplains thread starter macrumors newbie