Black Friday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sissacot, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Sissacot macrumors newbie

Sissacot

Hey everyone, I was about to order up a new iMac today when the bride reminded me that Black Friday is only about 5 weeks away. Does anyone recall what, if anything, Apple historically does for holiday deals (IE. printer w/ iMac purchase, iPod w/ iMac purchase, straight cash off, etc)? I waited this long...I can hang in their another month if there's a likelihood of a "sweetened pot." Thanks in advance for the input!

2. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

There is usually a discount, but I can't remember the percentage.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think it mirrors their EDU discount or thereabout. I dunno, I plan on drinking myself silly on Thanksgiving so I'll be too hungover to actually shop on Friday. :D

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The models are particular and change, there is no guarantee that it will be applicable to anything other then the low-end iMac.

Check this out, it might help ;)

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. Sissacot thread starter macrumors newbie

Sissacot

GREAT link, goldenmackid & rdowns! We're already eligible for the educational discount; I wonder if you can apply any Black Friday or Holiday Season discounts on top of that?

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Usually you can't stack the discounts. But you can try it, you might get lucky.

8. Sissacot thread starter macrumors newbie

Sissacot

Thanks again for the info, everyone. Guess I'll start counting down to November 27th & see what happens!

9. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I had never seen that Black Friday guide page before. Most excellent!! Thanks! :D

After perusing it, I don't know that I'd hold out for BF as the deals are not that great. Heck, I'd shop for a refurb instead and get a better deal than the BF prices.

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

My question is if you can combine a student discount with the sale prices?

I was informed by several Apple Store employees that there is no limit (within reason, i suppose) on how many times you use your education discount, other than on desktop/laptop buying...

I wouldn't mind getting an airport extreme...

and yes i will be drinking my self silly, and shopping the next day:)

11. stever500 macrumors regular

Thanks for the thread and the info in it. Guess there's no point in waiting till Black Friday if all I'm getting is $101 off. My Educational Discount is $100 of now and I wouldn't have to wait (base model 27").

I'm almost positive they wouldn't allow you to stack the discount, right? Black Friday PLUS the extra $100 off for edu?

12. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

In recent memory, Black Friday has consisted of minor discounts on some macs, and a couple of deep discounts on some mac accessories or software.

If you know you're going to need of the deep discounted products, or are going to buy a mac anyway, then go. Otherwise, IMO there's not much of a reason to not sleep in. The reason why they offer anything is to not look like parsimonious bastids and find some reason to give shoppers whipped into a buying frenzy a reason to go into the apple store.