Black horizontal stripes appearing on my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jloyd89, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jloyd89 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Whenever I zoom in and out to view my apps that i have open, sometimes these black horizontal stripes appear. I've only seen it twice but i'm getting a little worried. Whenever i restart the computer, it goes away but i want to figure out what's causing it. Has this happen to anyone else?

2. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Probably Image Retention. Is it a Retina? Post a pic.

3. jloyd89 thread starter macrumors newbie

no, it's not a retina. Right now it's gone since i restarted my computer. Wish i'd taken a picture of it

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

A reboot might've been just the cure.

I don't recall seeing what year/model your MBP is. There was a video chip issue in some models of some vintage; you might want to consult AppleCare to see if this might be a contributor to what you saw.

There are still some video glitches in the retina models... but black horizontal bars are NOT the "image retention" issue some LG-manufactured displays have exhibited; Apple has commonly replaced units affected by that issue. Yours isn't retina anyway, but I wanted to clarify that point.

5. jloyd89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I posted an attachment of a screen shot, the problem is not shown in the picture but just giving an idea on where the horizontal stripes appear. It shows up in the grey area outside the browser. Thanks for your responses! I'm going to call apple and see if they can help me.

Attached Files: