Black iBook wont move passed load page!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by BlackiBook, Jul 6, 2009.

1. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Okay so I have search here and google and it seems that I am the only one with this problem or really bad at finding what I need! (most likely the second one) :p

My problem is that about two days ago my iBook G4 decided that it no longer wanted to work. Basically it wont move passed the start up screen (the apple logo with the pinwheel underneath) but the problem that I am having that no one else seems to have is that my computer will shut back down after about 20 seconds of the load screen?!?

I replaced the Ram about 2 or 3 months ago, if that would have anything to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. BlackiBook thread starter macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

4. BlackiBook thread starter macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

No I got this computer and another just like it from a guy about to throw them out because they "wouldn't work", I didn't get anything other than the units themselves and two power cords. I gave my niece one and I kept the other for a mod book and music library. Well it became my primary computer and now it died :(

5. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

press the Power button, and immediately press and hold down the Command key and the S key as the machine starts up. This boots you into Single-user mode and you should see white text appear on the screen.
    When you see the # command prompt, type /sbin/fsck –fy and hit Return. This could take 15 minutes or so,or even longer if things are really messed uped so be patient.
    If and when you see the message “File System was modified,” repeat the step above again, and again, until you finally, hopefully, see a message saying, “no problems were found.” When that happens type reboot and hit Return.Hope this helps:)

6. BlackiBook thread starter macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

It stopped and said "** Volume check failed."

What does that mean? :confused: (sorry kinda new to the whole single user mood and stuff like that!)

7. BlackiBook thread starter macrumors 6502

BlackiBook