Black icons in Photos app (iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Roobsa, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Roobsa macrumors regular

Hi guys,

Slightly worrying problem. Just went to scroll through my photos on my iPhone 4 and noticed some rather unsightly black squares. As far as I can tell it's only in the Photos app but I haven't done too much digging around yet.

I hope this link works to show the problem - http://m.flickr.com/photos/jacobusbd/4780940807/sizes/m/

Has anyone else come across this issue?

2. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I've seen that on a few occasions on my iPhone 4.

I'll have taken a picture with my phone and then, while plugged into my MacBook, I remove the picture from the phone and store it on computer, if I go to my camera roll, those black squares will be there, but once I sync before unplugging, after the sync is complete, those squares are gone. It seems to be a rather trivial issue so far. Annoying, yes. But I've noticed they basically represent pictures that may have been removed or deleted by you. So far, none of my pictures have turned to black squares on their own. Just the ones I delete or transfer to my computer. I'm hoping a future iOS update will correct that bug.