Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I was searching a forum... and i came across this rumour that a black imac is coming out next month with a couple of other things... heres the site:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/black-imacs-and-8core-mac-pros-expected-next-month-238892.php

You'll have to copy and paste it into your bar

Here are some things that it says are going to be released:

Black Imac
8 Core Mac Pro's
15 inch macbook (not pro)
Mac Mini Upgrades
Cinema Displays with HDMI/HDCP
Also some new Mac hardware such as ilife 07, leopard, and iwork 07

There you have it: Rumor or not?

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I was searching a forum... and i came across this rumour that a black imac is coming out next month with a couple of other things... heres the site:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/black-imacs-and-8core-mac-pros-expected-next-month-238892.php

You'll have to copy and paste it into your bar

Here are some things that it says are going to be released:

Black Imac
8 Core Mac Pro's
15 inch macbook (not pro)
Mac Mini Upgrades
Cinema Displays with HDMI/HDCP
Also some new Mac hardware such as ilife 07, leopard, and iwork 07

There you have it: Rumor or not?

For all of this to be released in the next month seems unreasonable. I can see most of these coming out eventually though.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Yeah, by definition, that's a rumor. No one can confirm it.

I'm not quite sure an iMac would look right in black, but for anything else Apple makes in white (sans the mini), they also make in black -- except for the iMac. So I wouldn't put it past them.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
thats what i though... it will come out eventually... but for now not... It would be a cool suprise if they did though.

TheManOfSilver

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2004
Canada
I made a post about this on my blog last week.

Personally i'd love for it to be true (I plan on buying an iMac in the next 3 months or so ... and a black one would be awesome). I mean, has anyone seen how cool the mockup looks??

And this doesn't even begin to touch on the fact that any iMac refresh might actually include a more dramatic redesign (it is about due since the iMac hasn't seen significant changes since it made the jump to a G5 processor).

I think only one word sums up the prospect of a completely redesigned black 24" iMac ... hotness ... hotness.

AdamCole

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Black iMac would go with the rest of my black equipment and would match better..But other than that, why care about the case? It's not exactly what I look at when I am enjoying my iMac :p

TheManOfSilver

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2004
Canada
Still ... it would be nice to have a black iMac to go along with my Mac Tablet and true widescreen iPod ... oh ... right ....

nateDEEZY

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I'd definitely buy a black MBP way way way before i'd consider buying a black iMac... Like someone had said already, looks quite tacky =/

And yea... it's a rumor.

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
if they cant get apple TV ready, how the hell are they going to get all of those things ready?

Apple should keep things in white I think, it just looks better.
My dad has a black iPod, and I have a white one, and the black one doesnt look as nice.

Like other people are saying, it just looks tacky.

NintendoFan

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
Massachusetts
I tend to disgree, I think it would look pretty good, that is if it was matte. Black MacBook > White. I'm looking forward to buying one if/when it is released.

mrthieme

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
I guess maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I have never cared for the dull black finish on the Macbook. I also think that the beautiful understatement of the white iMac really sets it apart visually from the world of pc's.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
I love the imac as it is i am waiting for the next design as i am not crazy about the current model...G4 rocked.... I am disabled in my right arm so ended up buying a PC.. I hate windows but a touch screen is right for me at the moment......Still a loyal mac lover but nothing i can do
407985492_aeabe83b1e_o.jpg

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I'm pretty sure the following will happen:
8 Core Mac Pro
Updated Displays
Leopard
Final Cut 6 and Final Cut Extreme
iLife 07 iWork 07

I don't believe a 15 inch MacBook will ever come out, the only extra portable I see Apple adding to the lineup is a 13 inch MacBook Pro to actually repalce the 12 inch PowerBook.

Retired
May 16, 2006
I love the imac as it is i am waiting for the next design as i am not crazy about the current model...G4 rocked.... I am disabled in my right arm so ended up buying a PC.. I hate windows but a touch screen is right for me at the moment......Still a loyal mac lover but nothing i can do
407985492_aeabe83b1e_o.jpg
Next computer...MODBOOK!

Slumbercub

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester, England
A black iMac may very well look fantastic but what about the Apple keyboard and mouse, I doubt Apple will make a black version of both, will they?

How stupid would a black iMac look with a white keyboard.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I'm pretty sure the following will happen:
8 Core Mac Pro
Updated Displays
Leopard
Final Cut 6 and Final Cut Extreme
iLife 07 iWork 07

I don't believe a 15 inch MacBook will ever come out, the only extra portable I see Apple adding to the lineup is a 13 inch MacBook Pro to actually repalce the 12 inch PowerBook.

Beyond the for-sure software updates, I think a 15-inch MacBook is one of the most credible rumors we have. Someone uncovered manufacturing contracts that evidenced this last month. However, I'm not sure where in the pricing lineup it would fit; I'd think they would have to knock the 13" MacBooks down $100 or so to make room for a 15" MacBook that wouldn't be too close to a MBP's price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.