Black iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Darkstar1138, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Darkstar1138 macrumors newbie

Though I've owned an iPhone since day 1, I've never really become interested in owning a Mac until just recently due to a new project I will be working on this summer which may require me to purchase one. I've made a few trips to the Apple store over the years, and more often to my local Best Buy, but I've come to realize that I've never seen a black iMac. So do they even make them in black, or am I just going to have to settle for white?

Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

White iMacs haven't been made for nearly 4 years now. They are silver and black currently.

3. hipnotizer macrumors regular

It only comes in beautiful brushed aluminum. But who the heck knows. Maybe they will refresh with a black model. Could be sexxxxxxxxxy!

4. Vylen macrumors 65816

You can always buy an iMac through ColorWare and get whatever scheme you want ;)

5. Darkstar1138 thread starter macrumors newbie

You know, now that I look at them, I do see the brushed aluminum look. I'm just looking at pictures online. I guess I could live with that. I was looking at a picture on Google images of one that was all white and that definitely looked fugly. I'm just hoping the new versions come out soon. I'm looking forward to a 27 incher! (wait, that sounded TOTALLY wrong!)

Anyway, thanks for the replies and clearing that up.

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

7. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

8. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I prefer checking out people's setups on Flickr. Always gives me new ideas for rearranging my home office :)

9. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

It's very unlikely that the iMac will move from the current aluminium/black glass style any time soon. I'm glad, because I think they're gorgeous. :)

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Dude, those white ones are from like... 2006 and 2007 :rolleyes: Don't make em' anymore.

11. Ommid macrumors 6502

12. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I've seen a couple at my college. (with their prices, I really should be owning it. :D ) The keyboards were nice, full-sized, tactile keyboards. No chiclets.