black incase sleeve for macbook: it's turning black!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ashjamben, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

when i got my macbook i decided one of the neoprene sleeves would be the most ideal case to get, so it can be put it other bags and be safe at home. if i'm not using my macbook it is pretty much always in this case. but, when i was cleaning my notebook today i noticed these black mark around the edges and corners, which i can only presume are from the case. no matter how hard i rubbed with the cloth these were not coming off.

anyone else had this problem? got some miracle cure to get it off? or managed to convince the apple store that the case is faulty? :rolleyes:

but seriously, this has kinda peed me off. i thought "i know, i'll get black because it looks the most professional" even thought i actually thought the olive colour looked better!

thanks

2. AndyK macrumors 6502a

AndyK

I've got one of the black neoprene cases for my macbook too but haven't got any marks around the corners / edges.

Has perhaps some moisture got in which has perhaps caused some colouring to run?

3. dcava11ar0 macrumors newbie

I also have this case and havent had an problems. I read on apples website if you wash the inside of the case first it will get rid of any extra dye.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have the Black outside, but the inside is a bright neon green.

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

+1

I imagine you have the WhiteBook? Mr. Clean is excellent.