Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
On the iLife '06 box the iPhoto inteface is black... not just the background, the buttons and everything! is there a way to set this? it seems weird they would do that if there wasn't a way to make it look that way.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
technocoy said:
On the iLife '06 box the iPhoto inteface is black... not just the background, the buttons and everything! is there a way to set this? it seems weird they would do that if there wasn't a way to make it look that way.

i believe you have to enter full screen mode to get what your talking about.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Applespider said:
The picture on the box is full screen mode but you can make the usual Library window black too from Preferences. I much prefer it when browsing.

True, and this is a feature available at least in iPhoto '05, and possibly earlier versions (don't remember).

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
This new black theme they have in Aperture and the full screen of iPhoto is pretty damn sleek and sophisticated. I really hope they are testing the waters with this and plan on making it a all around theme for Leopard or something. This whole mish mash of brushed metal and "Mail white" is just making everything look real hokey.

Realy not a big deal but is quickly becoming annoying. :p

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Seems Apple will start moving certain features onto the keyboard, think of it as an extended hotkey feature. Programmable keyboard, that way you can hit say F3 and have the colour pallet appear, pressing it again will make it disappear. They are extending expose into the iApps. :)

They implemented it slowly with 10.4, QT (10.4 release), etc.... ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Dr. Dastardly said:
This new black theme they have in Aperture and the full screen of iPhoto is pretty damn sleek and sophisticated. I really hope they are testing the waters with this and plan on making it a all around theme for Leopard or something. This whole mish mash of brushed metal and "Mail white" is just making everything look real hokey.

Maybe they will release glossy black Macs at some point in the future, and launch Leopard in black? :D

*smells a rumor*

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
mduser63 said:
True, and this is a feature available at least in iPhoto '05, and possibly earlier versions (don't remember).
Definately wasn't in '04, as I was running it all last year :(
But I do love the black interface, hope Apple does use it more in the future.

::20ROGERSC::

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
kwajaln said:
Just got it today, but I LOVE the full screen ability a lot so far!!

I got it today too, and I have to say that iPhoto '06 is MUCH faster on my PowerBook, and that alone is enough to make it a very welcome upgrade. The fullscreen editing is also really nice. My one gripe with iPhoto and the rest of iLife is Apple's increasing integration of .mac without providing an alternative. I don't feel .mac is a good deal except that Apple forces you to use it. I have my own hosting which is a lot more full-featured and cheaper than .mac, so why can't I use it with iPhoto's Photocasting feature for example?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.