Black iPad 2 swap for white iPad 2 (32gb wifi)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robbyneal, Apr 4, 2011.

1. robbyneal macrumors member

My return period is done. I know I can get a replacement (at least for another black) because mine currently has terrible backlight bleeding to begin with. I want the white version of my black 32 gb wifi so badly that its killing me. Is there any way I could persuade an apple genius to swap for white at the apple store? Again, i know i could get the same, because of my terrible backlight issue

2. jenlevin macrumors regular

nope. they wont do it. your best bet would be to try finding somebody on craigslist who wants to swap.

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Anyways the backlighting issue is not fixed yet. So just wait until reports say it is and then go. It never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say no. But I strongly agree with you I love the white iPad.

4. raw911 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just swapped my white 64g AT&T for a black and was after the 14day period. I've been trying since day 2 so mgr said they would waive the 14 day limit.

5. socal949 macrumors newbie

I swapped 2 black wifi 32gb due to backlight bleeding. On the 3rd swap, I went with a white model per apple's recommendation. They offered me a white to see if the backlight will go away. I ended up returning the white model due to the horrible backlight bleeding. Also in my opinion the white border is a big distraction specially when viewing videos. I'm very happy with my new black 64gb wifi (still backlight issues) but you can't change that defect.

6. robbyneal thread starter macrumors member

I will try my luck one day this week with my apple store, hope all goes well!

7. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

No can do.

I swapped mine at apple store for dead pixels and bleeding, I have a white 64 Verizon model, wanted to try to get black while I was at it, they said no.

8. robbyneal thread starter macrumors member