Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TribeFan1

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
I have a black/space gray iphone 5S, a white ipad 4 and a MacBook Pro. It all looks fine to me, I just went with what I preferred for each device individually. Do what you want for each device because you don't want to blow money on something you aren't satisfied with

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Depends on what country you're from. ;)
True! But at the time I was being called out because I was too thick-headed to understand that gray is actually black and NOT gray and anyone with any common sense knows that. So, I was trying to cover my bases, lest I be accused even further of being too stupid to use the correct spelling. ;)

Last edited:

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I have a black/space gray iphone 5S, a white ipad 4 and a MacBook Pro. It all looks fine to me, I just went with what I preferred for each device individually. Do what you want for each device because you don't want to blow money on something you aren't satisfied with

OP - I'd get the Space Gray/Black one. I personally think the white/gold ones are ugly, and I dislike the white border on the screen when I'm watching a video or looking at a dark webpage.

Depends on what country you're from. ;)

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-5s/specs/
http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/specs/

OK. Silver then.
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/09/10Apple-Announces-iPhone-5s-The-Most-Forward-Thinking-Smartphone-in-the-World.html

According to Apple: Gold, silver or space gray. You may want to consider space gray black and you may assume that space gray is black.

Put a space gray 5s that you call black next to a black iPhone 5 and you will see a difference. Space gray may have the black front, but the finish is most assuredly, not black.

My opinion and whatever you or anyone else wants to think or accept as understood is fine. But as for me, space gray is gray. Not black. Sorry.

iPhone 5 black on the left, iPhone 5s space gray on the right.

And if the correct term is grey and not gray then you got me. Sorry. :)

Sorry for the tread jack. Both the black and gold iPhones look awesome. The space gray offsets the black screen really well and the gold is so new I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Get the space gray. I tried to go with white to change it up but I hated the white border around the screen. The 5s with the black front and discreet touch ID sensor is so stealthy.

If you like the gold then definitely get it. I have Space Gray and it's boring compared to black and slate 5.

Space Gray or black and slate? Space Gray itself is a nice color but I think it clashes too much with the black top and bottom. I prefer solid Space Gray like on the iPad and the more stealthy black and slate.

But if you like the gold then get it.

When you think about it, the black = gray is about as accurate as the gold = gold.

Both Apple's incarnations are a pale shade of the color they represent.

That's the best part about Gold. Subtle and not blingy.

What's wrong with Project RED?

Now that would be amazing!

heres a pic of my setup before i sold my iphone 5 lol

Attachments

• DSC_4586.JPG
    DSC_4586.JPG
    638.3 KB · Views: 122

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Better toss that time capsule and magic mouse as they don't match at all with the rest of your setup.

Just kidding. They'll go well with the gold 5s.

YEah, their all nice, im just a stickler for matching stuff together.

NOT OCD extent but who doesnt like a few similar products to match lol

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
I have a 13" rMBP and a "space grey" retina Mini, and if I was in the market for an iPhone 5s I would go for the gold one without hesitation. It's by far the nicest of the three colours.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I have a 13" rMBP and a "space grey" retina Mini, and if I was in the market for an iPhone 5s I would go for the gold one without hesitation. It's by far the nicest of the three colours.

u wouldnt get a space grey to match?

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
What's wrong with Project RED?

Now that would be amazing!

I would get the RED in a heartbeat! Not only does some of the proceeds go towards a great cause but it would just look absolutely stunning! I mean c'mon look at the red iPod touch

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
u wouldnt get a space grey to match?

The gold back on the iPhone is light and silvery enough that it's actually a closer match for the light aluminum of the MacBook than the darker Space Grey.

The white front has a small enough footprint that it wouldn't noticeably clash, either.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
The gold back on the iPhone is light and silvery enough that it's actually a closer match for the light aluminum of the MacBook than the darker Space Grey.

The white front has a small enough footprint that it wouldn't noticeably clash, either.

in my setup pic, do u think the black iphone matches better? face front of course lol

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Get the color you like. Stop giving a **** if it matches or not. You'll regret not getting the color you wanted later down the line. What are you gonna keep your iphone at your desk and state at it from afar that it needs to match? If you like gold get gold.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
YEah, their all nice, im just a stickler for matching stuff together.

NOT OCD extent but who doesnt like a few similar products to match lol

It really doesn't like like that from your setup, and you realize that your computer isn't black, right?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Well yes, in the same way all cars are black because the tires are.

albundy_shock.gif

wait a minute! you mean to tell me that my grey car is really black?

in all seriousness, Chuck Norris. get what you want, you're Chuck Norris for crying out loud! You have OCD.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012

wait a minute! you mean to tell me that my grey car is really black?

in all seriousness, Chuck Norris. get what you want, you're Chuck Norris for crying out loud! You have OCD.

would u get to match or get gold in your opinon

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
get what you'd like. the space grey, gold and silver are all nice and all will flow well with what you have on your desk.

besides, it's on your desk. is anyone going to care that everything matches or doesn't match on the desk?

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
get what you'd like. the space grey, gold and silver are all nice and all will flow well with what you have on your desk.

besides, it's on your desk. is anyone going to care that everything matches or doesn't match on the desk?

well i jsut thought it would be nice to hav 3 matching devices, but the gold is a sick color too

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
well i jsut thought it would be nice to hav 3 matching devices, but the gold is a sick color too

Unless you have a Space Gray iPad mini and Retina MacBook also in Space Gray, you won't have three matching devices in the usual sense.

If you so desire, you can paint the apple on time capsule and magic mouse the same champagne color as Gold 5s :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.