Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddkkpp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2011
I have some "hide food" that I want to try on my black leather loop to make it even more black - but the back of the container says that unsealed surfaces i.e. Aniline will stain permanently.

Is the leather loop sealed or unsealed? Maybe I'll just use some on the part of the loop that's covered by the magnet, but I'd still like to know.

thanks!

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
There's a thread in which someone used a glass cleaner while wearing the Watch and got some bleeding from the leather loop onto the paper towel. This seems to indicate that it's not sealed. Makes sense as Apple has specifically stated that the leather bands aren't water resistant.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I've rubbed my brown loop down with neatsfoot oil and have noticed no color change or bleeding at all.

I do not think you will see a change as the what used to be leather is not anymore. It looks nice and feels nice and that is its main purpose. Out of all the bands, including the link bands, the leather is by far my most favorite. It is comfortable and best of all very adjustable

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
I do not think you will see a change as the what used to be leather is not anymore. It looks nice and feels nice and that is its main purpose. Out of all the bands, including the link bands, the leather is by far my most favorite. It is comfortable and best of all very adjustable

Not quite sure what you mean in your first sentence.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Not quite sure what you mean in your first sentence.

I said "I do not think you will see a change as the what used to be leather is not anymore."

Basically I was saying that no matter if you oil or not, get it wet or not you will not see a big change in how the leather looks or feels as it is hardly leather anymore and processed to the point where it has few of the characteristics of real leather.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.