Black Library Books For IPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robby001, Oct 27, 2010.

1. robby001 macrumors member

Has anyone gotten any books from the Black Library (Warhammer 40k) loaded on to there I Pads?

I have been looking at purchasing the I pad solely for reading and was drawn to it since it show the book covers in color and images. I know kind of a stupid reason but it is the only one that is really making the decision difficult. The format I know is epub. But has anyone put on third party books and how do they work. I have heard the animations are not as clean with them. Any answers would be great.

Would like to hear from people who have actually used them than watching and reading reviews. Primarily a PC and Black Berry guy so the Mac stuff is a little new to me.

2. ebooksforipad macrumors newbie

No..you are not alone.. I love reading the book because the color of image too.
    It is okey to read 3rd party ebook on iPad as long its format is ePub. so if you get the file is on pdf format you just convert it into ePub..
    You can go here to convert pdf into ePub online www.2epub.com.
    or you can go here http://www.convertpdftoepub.net/.
    I hope it can help you..
    Happy reading on iPad..

3. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

I haven't tried those specific titles but I have purchased other epubs and put them on the iPad with little to no issue. I haven't noticed any stuttering or any smoothness being hindered. I think sometimes people tend to rush through pages that haven't been indexed yet, that can cause slow down when you first launch a book and it hasn't been indexed at all.

I have had some ebooks turn out to be black and white covered but you can easily edit them and export them using Calibre. It's what I use to convert and make minor adjustments to epubs. Calibre will read MANY formats and will allow you to export to many as well. You can really edit and control the output so they are perfect for the iPad. or iPhone.

It's free and pretty darn awesome. While the interface looks funky and dated, it's a good piece of software.

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx

4. robby001 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much for the replies. It is so difficult trying to read through all the reviews and individual opinions on these things. Just have heard so many different opinions on what they can and cannot do on there I Pads. I am glad that what I have heard about running third party apps is not true.