Black light bleeding or me being crazy?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Adam-, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Adam- macrumors member

I've just received my 27imac and noticed that it has slight backlight leedy from the centre of the chin, it's only on a black screen at full brightness, is this normal for a massive screen? I don't notice it while actually using it. I've got an early iPad 2 that had the same problem but a lot worse and I never really notice it. Just wonder if anyone else who has there's has noticed it?

2. pukingpixels macrumors member

It's backlight bleeding and it's normal. At full brightness and on a black background I can notice a little backlight bleeding in the both bottom corners on my new 27" iMac.

Just forget about it.

3. Jindra12 macrumors newbie

Yeah it's normal. If you walk around the montior screen then you'll see it differently and it should show you more of blacklight bleeding than if you sit straight in front of the montior.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

It's not backlight bleed. It's a deficiency in the viewing angles, inherent to IPS panels. We really should be careful to keep these terms separate, because they're not the same! :)

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I see that on my 21.5" model. No biggy. Just don't look at a black screen. :)

6. Adam- thread starter macrumors member

awesome thanks guys, after all these threads about faulty macs I was starting to get paranoid, I'm just gonna enjoy this! It's so bloody good

7. boto macrumors 6502

boto

If you see any backlight bleeding under bright light conditions then I would exchange the unit immediately. I personally wouldn't find it acceptable to see an inch semi-circle on the bottom edge of the screen that ruins a great movie experience (an iMac I recently returned).