black light bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tmurray315, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

so im wondering if this is normal i was reading articles about blacklight bleeding so i decided to see if mine has that heres a pic photo (3).JPG is this normal

2. duffer6 macrumors 6502

Yes that is normal. In fact that is better than most. Chances are if you swap it out for another it most likely could be worse. Just my 2 cents.

3. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Not normal but very common. Very hard to get a "perfect" iPad without light bleed.

Don't worry about it and you won't care eventually. When I got the iPad 2, I had the same kind of bleed near the home button. For a day or two, I obsessed over it and was considering returning it. But after that I stopped worrying about it and don't even know it's there, because I don't ever use my iPad at full brightness and that's the only way it becomes visible.

4. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

really i have an appointment with apple today is this common?? i mean what are my chances of getting an ipad again with light bleed?? im kinda anal about things like this and would like a screen without light bleed

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

6. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

Does any of your guys ipads have light bleed in them??

7. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

i just got my replacement from apple and it has some bleed to it i replaced the one i had i have come to realize that i think most of all of them has some type of bleed im not sure if my new one is owrse or not

8. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

The top right is the worse because it gives that section of the screen a red hue... :( Apple is shipping me a replacement, so crossing my fingers that it goes away, because it is really bothering me, even in normal use. It makes the keyboard look like two colors in landscape mode.