black light bleeding

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
so im wondering if this is normal i was reading articles about blacklight bleeding so i decided to see if mine has that heres a pic photo (3).JPG is this normal

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Not normal but very common. Very hard to get a "perfect" iPad without light bleed.

Don't worry about it and you won't care eventually. When I got the iPad 2, I had the same kind of bleed near the home button. For a day or two, I obsessed over it and was considering returning it. But after that I stopped worrying about it and don't even know it's there, because I don't ever use my iPad at full brightness and that's the only way it becomes visible.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
really i have an appointment with apple today is this common?? i mean what are my chances of getting an ipad again with light bleed?? im kinda anal about things like this and would like a screen without light bleed

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
i just got my replacement from apple and it has some bleed to it i replaced the one i had i have come to realize that i think most of all of them has some type of bleed im not sure if my new one is owrse or not

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
The top right is the worse because it gives that section of the screen a red hue... :( Apple is shipping me a replacement, so crossing my fingers that it goes away, because it is really bothering me, even in normal use. It makes the keyboard look like two colors in landscape mode.