Black Lion Audio - any good?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Tarkovsky, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

I'm looking at picking up the digi 002 with the Black Lion Tweakhead as they are starting to drastically lowering in price now that 003 is out. Does anyone have any experience with these mods? Also does anyone have a clue how I'd get-a-hold of one considering je suis un bretagne?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

where did you hear that the 002 mod prices were being lowered?

3. Tarkovsky thread starter macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

I didn't mean the mods but the 002s themselves.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ahhhh, i misunderstood.

i've not heard the mods firsthand, though i am curious about them. just as an aside, BLA is about 1 1/2 miles from my house. they still wanted me to mail them my unit, though; they didn't seem big on the idea of a visit.

5. Tarkovsky thread starter macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

That is interesting. Perhaps I should ditch pro tools entirely and not get the 002...

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i wouldn't if you like PT. and actually, i'd like to hear your opinion on such a mod. not that i'm spending you money or anything :)

7. Tarkovsky thread starter macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

Yeah I really like pro tools. I do also believe interoperability is important and would look good on my cv for when I intern at the BBC (hopefully) in the summer.

They replied to my email and said they had a digi 002 with the full works for about $1500 including shipping which is out of my budget at the moment, however £/$ being what it is I should be able to afford that in the new year on my measly student budget.
    Thats a lot considering I could get a bog standard digi 002 for half that, but before I buy it I've got get the fostex FR2 LE, etymotic er-4s, a graham slee voyager some kef cresta 2s and a pair of matched small condensers for monitoring.

I'll post reviews for all these things...

Looks like it's more 24p soup, 17p beans, 89p ale, 24p chocolate, rice lentils and if I feel like splashing out soya milk. Sometimes I think it would be cheaper to be done with music and take up a cocaine addiction.

How does everyone else afford it?

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

software development job and no kids.

9. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

And a wife in finance. Life is good. :cool: