Black Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by trickytrav, Jun 18, 2008.

1. trickytrav macrumors newbie

Hello, I'd first like to say hi as this is my first post on MacRumors forums, even though I've been reading these forums since 2004 (I guess I'm a little delayed)

Now onto what I found.

So I was uploading an image to a website, and for a brief second when the finder opened to select the file it showed my shared PC in the house with a mac pro icon that was black, it was only for about 5 seconds then it reverted back to the BSOD icon.

I was able to do a screen grab, and highlighted the area in preview:

what are your thoughts, opinions?

Or is this old news?

Attached Files:

2. indiochano macrumors regular

while a black mac pro wouldn't be bad, i'd stick with the brushed metal...

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

whos "mira…" ?? (obviously name is cut off due to lack of space)

this may help in the solving of this mystery.

4. trickytrav thread starter macrumors newbie

Mirage-PC is what my brother named his Windows XP Network Name because it's his nickname.

5. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

The white border around it makes me doubt very much the legitimacy, but hey, maybe.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

While its a possibility, i doubt that it will happen soon, or that other macs over the network knew which colour it was...

7. trickytrav thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want to make it known I did not photoshop this, because for one I'm not THAT good with photoshop, this just came up

Now it is possible it was from some icon pack, but I don't ever remember installing candybar or anything like that to change system icons.

8. trickytrav thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about this

I just found out via checking my sidebar preferences in finder that the default icon for my Mac looks like that, so it was probably from an icon pack or something, sorry to start confusion

9. Virtuoso macrumors regular

After the black MacBook, I was half expecting the 2008 Mac Pros to be black along with new black Cinema displays.

No matter though - the silver Mac Pro and the current monitors are still the sexiest looking kit on the market. :)

10. kabunaru Guest

If you want a black Mac Pro, it will come. You just got to believe it's already here and it will be. :)
    A black Mac Pro would be nice and it's possible Apple will release it.

11. operator207 macrumors 6502

12. SimD macrumors regular

Not sure how retarted this may sound.. but with my experience with black computers, they heat up much faster, especially when exposed to the sun (beside a window or a very strong lamp)... I mean it's a possibility (by no means do I know what Apple will throw at us )... but seeing how the MP is a Pro workstation, I'm not sure if it'd be a great idea especially with current internal temperatures... and with this global warming.. it'll only get worse.. :rolleyes:

Sim

13. kabunaru Guest

Black absorbs light so it will heat up faster. Though black also emits radiation.
    Maybe we should see a white Mac Pro too to reflect light then. They did make an iPhone 3G white as option, so why not the Mac Pro too?

14. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

His nickname is Mirage-PC? Hm.