black MacBook 4GB RAM & 250GB HD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robin963, Nov 14, 2007.

1. robin963 macrumors newbie

I am planning to get my first apple product. I customized my mac and picked out what I thought would be the best laptop. The value ended up being $2655.74
    I know it's A LOT of money. But I am ready to make an investment for something that I think will last me for a few years.
    I have some people telling me that 4GB of RAM is way too much. I should stick with 2GB. But like I said before I am planning on keeping the laptop for a few years and I think in the next few years is going to start being more common to have 4GB of RAM.
    The other thing is, since its so much money some people are telling me to spend that on a MacBook Pro.
    What do you think?

No, I will not be doing any video editing. I will use it mostly for medical school.

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I'd get the MacBook Pro if I had the money.

Plastic or Metal?

MacBook or MacBook Pro.

Pro :)

3. mmendoza27 macrumors 6502

If you are going to do any type of graphic intensive app stuff, get the MacBook Pro, it's going to do wayyyy better due to the graphics card. At the same time, even if you might want to play games, get the MBP.

Nice machine, I'd say 4GB RAM is the sweet spot. Don't listen to others, you can never, never have enough RAM. Plus, you'll never have to upgrade the RAM again and it'll last for awhile.

Keep in mind you don't have to upgrade the RAM right now.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

First of all, get the minimum amount of RAM you can from Apple and buy the 4 GB (if you think you'll need it) from a respected third-party vendor like OWC or DMS. That'll save you about $700 right there.

Never buy RAM from Apple unless someone you don't care about is the one who's paying.

5. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Buy the lowest amount of RAM you can possibly get, then buy some for hundreds cheaper online. It's the same quality, its MUCH cheaper, and all you have to do is install it yourself.

If i was you, i would get the base MBP, then buy 2x2GB Ram and sell whatever comes with it. Thats just me.

But, if your going to be using it for class and what not, the Macbook has better battery life and with spaces screen size isent as important as it was.