Black MacBook availability

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 1234567890, Feb 6, 2009.

1. 1234567890 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a plastic Black Macbook [love the look] but unfortunately as the new unibody Macbook are the current range, the plastic are being phased out/discontinued, does anybody know where any new black plastic MB's are available...anywhere...
    i'm in the uk, but would consider purchasing online from america/canada or elsewhere, or even travelling [gonna be in the states & continental europe in a few months time]
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, i don't want to miss out on a design classic
    Don't like my G4 Powerbook!

2. claimed4all macrumors 6502

MacOfAllTrades has refurbished ones for you. As far as new, not sure you are going to find any. Also, with the recent update to the White Macbook, I do not believe they will be discontinued anytime soon.

3. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

you have to keep checking the refurbished site on apple.com

it took my a couple of hours, I was waiting and refreshing, refreshing until BAM yes they got it and i bought it quickly!!!

that's the best i could advise you to do. Everywhere else they were trying to sell the blackbook for as much as an aluminum, UH NO!!!

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

The BlackBooks do look brilliant (I have one, and love it), but with the performance advantage the updated white MBs have over the BlackBook, I wouldn't waste my money.

I'd hate to "downgrade" to the white, because the black looks so much nicer imo, but the white one has way better graphics, more RAM as standard, and a newer, better CPU. Honestly, unless you can save $200+ by buying a BlackBook, I would skip it entirely.

5. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

It's still easy to find them. Many Apple Stores still carry them and they're cheaper. The Apple Refurb Stores sell them as well and many resellers sell them. It's not that hard to find, but if you wait a little longer... it will become harder, harder and harder.

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I just sold mine on Wednesday and prior to selling I checked the refurbished section on apple.com and they had them for $899. Later on they were gone but I'm sure will pop up again.