Black MacBook battery and display problem!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ahwhite83, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ahwhite83 macrumors newbie

I am new to Apple computers. I just bought a Black 2.0 ghz intel duo core macbook off CraigsList. It's the 2006 model. The guy I bought it from told me up front it had this problem. The problem is this:

Turn on the power with either the power cord attached or not and it starts up, but the screen goes blank, and then you faintly see the loading page because there is no backlight at all. And then the backlight comes on again;you go to the next loading page with the bar filling up. It fills up to about 1/3 the bar and the screen goes blank again.

The guy I bought it from showed me a 7 second trick he learned from this forum to get it to work while the power adapter is on. When Its up and running I notice that the battery meter always has "X" in it. Earlier today I got it to work without the power cord attached. It was only once and now its back to acting up again.

Please if anyone can help I would be forever grateful.

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

3. broaudio macrumors newbie

Known problem

I have a black MB that would not charge. Apple sent me a new battery as they had a bad run of batteries a while back......