black macbook bulge and battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jdmac, Jun 12, 2009.

1. jdmac macrumors newbie

I have a black macbook circa. Jan. 2008. It's been through a few little bumps and bruises, ie. a liquid spill that apple repaired (at 700 cost to me), and the palmrest replacement due to huge cracks/chunks missing. The battery was at about half of it's capacity and that was replaced by AppleCare as well.

My current problem is that when the case closes, it doesn't "line up" anymore. There are bulges in the hinge portion and when shut, it's like the whole alignment is tilted because the left corner of the screen sticks out. It's not severe, maybe a few millimeters, but I'm afraid of damage when it's in my backpack because it's not flush.

Also, the flat black plastic part that attaches to the main body of the battery (the part seen when battery is installed) isn't fully attached, it sticks up and catches on things.

Is Apple just going to tell me to go take a hike due to all my previous repairs or are these legit problems?

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

That would have to be determined by Apple. With the history you've written, it's hard to say. This could be residual effects from the spill. On the other hand, the spill repair was done by Apple at a cost and they should warrant that work as well as the warranty on the entire product.

I suggest contacting them (by phone or at the bar) and see what they say. Worst that can happen is that your question will be answered. You might try and be persistent but polite. The initial "no" from tour first contact might be amended by a manager.

Best luck -GDF