Black Macbook. Charging.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dandubois89, May 8, 2009.

1. dandubois89 macrumors newbie

So lately my 2.4 ghz early 2008 macbook doesnt want to charge.

For a while my chargers light hasnt shown the right color correctly when charging but it always charged. For example its plugged in and osx says its charging but there is no light lit up on the magsafe adapter. Sometimes the light works sometimes it doesnt. I tried wiggling the cord to see if its a loose connection but that doesnt seem to be the case. Lately when i plug it in my mac just says not charging and will stay that way.

I didnt buy apple care ( i regret it now) so that isn't an option unfortunately.

Anyone have any suggestions. Is it my charger? Is it my smc ( i think thats what its called) How do i reset it. Any tips/ comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

2. BeauGiles macrumors member

Either the MagSafe Adapter is on it's way out, or the Battery has reached the end of it's life.

3. dandubois89 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the lighting fast response! thats why i like it here at MR

well coconut battery shows 95% health current batt capacity of 4808mah and original capacity was 5020 so i dont think its the battery. Any way i can test my charger or where i could get a deal on a new one? Does it matter if its for the new unibody ones or are they model specific?

4. BeauGiles macrumors member

No, any MagSafe charger will work, whether it's for the White, Black or Unibody MacBooks :) Just make sure that it's MacBook charger though (60w), the Pro charger is something like 85w and the Air is 45w. If you have a friend with a MacBook, try out their charger to see if you have the same issue

Either that or take it into an Apple Store to see a Genius, they should be able to test it for you, but they wont replace it as it's out of warranty.