Black MacBook display down

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by peckying, Dec 25, 2010.

1. peckying, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010

peckying macrumors newbie

hi peeps,

pls take a look at the below image. what can possibly be the cause of it?? the night before i was just using it and it was all fine! the next day when i switched it on, this happened! :( i didnt drop and nothing dropped on it too.

[​IMG]

or click on http://www.flickr.com/photos/33371130@N05/5290286820/

i could still switch on and off perfectly like pressing the power button and 'return' and it switched off normally. just that this is what i see on the display. but i do get the apple logo with the white background when i switch on and off a few times.

what should i do?

do i need to replace the whole LCD or is there anything to do with the cable or anything else?

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

That looks like a bad LCD. If you pinch around the outside of the display bezel, does the picture change? If so, it's definitely the LCD. If not, it's still probably the LCD. ;)

3. eman macrumors 6502a

Use the DVI out and see if you get the same picture on an external lcd. If you get the same picture on the external lcd, it's most likely not your internal lcd.

4. peckying thread starter macrumors newbie

the next day i tried to turn on again, the screen displayed the same thing. i tried to bend the LCD a bit and kept bending it up and down, it didnt change or didnt work.

but surprisingly when i shut down and turned it back on, it worked perfectly fine again!

i dont know if it was the bending that made it work or...

but anyways, thanks guys for the tips!

hope it will last me for some gd years ahead! :)