Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hi folks,

I'm headed on a trip to Poland and Israel in April and I'll be filming tons of footage while I'm there on a panasonic hvx200 HD camera. I'll need to have a laptop while I'm there to do quick edits every night of what I've shot.

I was offered to buy a black macbook, 2.0 core duo with 2gb memory for $400. Do you think I'll be ok using final cut pro on that machine? I won't be doing anything too complex while I'm there... just basic capturing and editing.

Thanks!

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
How big is its hard drive? You could always just put all of the footage and pics on there and edit it when you come back. Just use iMovie to organize it and then polish it with final cut when you get home. Thats what I would do.

$400 is a fantastic deal if you trust the seller.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Not a bad deal. If it doesnt have enough hard drive space also pick up an external hard drive if you dont have one already. Should be good to go.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hey everyone... Thanks for the advice.. 7/7 say do it.. so I'll do it!

Thanks again!

McDughf

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Great Britain
I used to use exactly the same model MacBook ( Except It Was White ) Which I used For Just That Purpose - Editing Whilst Away From My Main computer. Whilst I am not sure about Final Cut Studio 3, It worked well with Final Cut Studio 2.
Plus With firewire builtin it was really great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.