Black MacBook, Good idea?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VeryTerryJ, Jul 25, 2009.

1. VeryTerryJ macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting a new MacBook but am attached to the idea of the black MacBook. I hate how dirty my old iBook looks and the black seems like a good idea.
    Am I setting myself up for a disappointment if I go for the Black MacBook instead of a current gen?

I've been shopping around, they aren't as easy to come by anymore. I saw one at https://www.springboardstore.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1613 that seemed like a good bundle deal but I'm still toying around with other options like---should I go aluminum?

2. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

at todays prices, i would go for a refurb macbook/ macbook pro aluminium 13. it is a great machine and will last you longer than a black MacBook. the graphics will also help performance even more in Snow Leopard

3. joehahn macrumors regular

you'd have better luck getting the new 2.53ghz mbp for pretty much the same price

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I agree. I love my BlackBook, but I wouldn't pay that much for one. The aluminium MBP is way ahead, and can be had for around the same price...

5. Makke macrumors newbie

6. iGEORGIAban macrumors newbie

i was thinking that you were talking about black unibody, which to me would be sick. id buy it in a heart beat, but the only black being made are like 6K from some other company.