Black MacBook or WAIT?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wasimyaqoob, Dec 4, 2007.

  1. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2005
    Location:
    London, England.
    #1
    Hey,

    I'm a student and I've currently got a MacBook Pro!

    Taking it to university with me on a daily basis is too much, so i've decided to give it to my father who's currently loving it!

    Right, in terms of ordering a MacBook (Black) with 2GB, shall i buy it now?

    Or just wait until January for MacWorld?

    What would you guys do?

    I would love your input as it will probably make my decision, thanks!
     
  2. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #2
    MacBooks recently got updated, and you have Edu discount so... go for it. Buy your own RAM though - 2GB is like £35 from crucial uk.

    You might see a 13" MBP at MWSF, but it'll cost a lot more. Note that the MacBook is only a little smaller in footprint than a 15", thicker than an MBP- and 170 grams lighter.

    If you're certain the black MB's for you, no point in waiting.
     
  3. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

    Wild-Bill

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Location:
    bleep
    #3
    Yup..... Do it. The just went Santa Rosa like 3 or so weeks ago.
     
  4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

    Bobioden

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Location:
    Denver
    #4
    I just got my Black Macbook last week, and LOVE it.
     
  5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #5
    Just Buy it, They are great computers I got mine 2 weeks ago today in fact.
     
  6. steve31 macrumors 6502a

    steve31

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2007
    Location:
    Edmonton Canada
    #6
    I also felt that my mbp was to big to lug around so I got the blk sr mb and love it. Not sure if I want to sell my mbp or just keep both. But since I bought my mb I dont use the pro that much.
     
  7. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #7
    I'll take that off your hands :D
     
  8. KingYaba macrumors 68040

    KingYaba

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2005
    Location:
    Up the irons
    #8
    Buy now.
     

    Attached Files:

  9. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

    Cybergypsy

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    Central Florida!
    #9
    Buy Now the yellowing on the MBP was crazy.......why go thru it ;)
     
  10. Cheese macrumors 6502

    Cheese

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2002
    Location:
    In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    #10
    You've picked out it's color, you've practically named it. Keep right on to the end of the road. Get the MB.
     
  11. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    London, UK
    #11
  12. jauhari macrumors regular

    jauhari

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    #12
    Just Buy Now ;)
     
  13. fewture macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2006
    #13
    ill give alternative opinion.

    Wait for what happens in January (its like a little over a month now) and then decide. How hard can it be to wait that long?

    Blackbook would be sweet. I am getting one of those unless a black 13 MPB or black 15" MBP tempts me in January,.
     
  14. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2006
    #14
    I have a 17" MBP and finding it a little big so looking to the the Black Macbook, but with the rumors of a small MBP I'm going to wait for mac world.

    I should be about the sell my MBP and have enough money for a new one and a sim free iPhone.
     
  15. iBecks macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2006
    Location:
    Nottingham, UK
    #15
    Is carry a MBP really that bad?

    I've had mine for a year and carried it most days, I don't think that it is too much to carry round.

    Just my opinion though.

    If I were to be looking to purchase now, I would wait until the new year.
     
  16. pieseller macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #16
    for the love of god wait!!!

    whats 1 month of waiting going to do? if rumours are true you could be looking at a new lighter macbook- which sounds like something your needs require.

    purchasing now would be a nightmare if the new macbooks appear in January and they are better than the current ones. besides- if you dont like the new ones or they are'nt revealed- im sure you could track down an old one from retialers.
     
  17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #17
    I agree, wait if you can. That is what I'm doing. I'm looking to buy a MB/MBP before my next semester starts at the end of January. I'm going to wait until MWSF to see if anything is announced.
     
  18. just02 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #18
    If you want it or need it, get it. I was going to wait until MacWorld but I made the plunge on black friday (got a base macbook for $974!) to replace my aging iBook G3, or well, ancient iBook G3. I'm so glad I did, I love the MacBooks.
     

Share This Page