Black Macbook Peeling/Chipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dwide Schrood, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Dwide Schrood macrumors newbie

I just noticed that the matte finish is beginning to chip off of 2 corners of my 2 month old SR black macbook. It has been extremely well taken care of and never scratched or bumped, so I am disappointed that the finish is suddenly peeling off (especially after paying more money for the black finish). It is not terribly bad at the moment, but I am worried that it will progressively get worse. Has anyone had a similar experience that can tell me if it indeed does get worse with time and if apple recognizes the issue and will replace the case?
    I realize there have been previous posts on this subject, but I just wondered if anyone has had a recent experience with trying to get this issue resolved. Thanks.

2. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

any photos to show us? :s that must be annoying...

3. macdoobie macrumors member

What a shame!

I had the same problem but mine happened in the first week of purchase...Apple replaced mine because it was especially bad.

4. al82 macrumors regular

I was VERY poed when this happened to mine.

I paid extra money only for it to start peeling off. I called Apple and they said i can take it inot the store for repair, it got stolen before i got a chance to (was insured.)

I went into the Apple store a week ago and was thinking of getting another one, i asked the guy if he had ever heard of the finish peeling and he said he has been there for 2 years and has never heard of it. He must work once a year then.

5. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

my friend bought one the day they where released, and has had no problems, also my SR Mb black is perfect.

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I would love to see some pics. I too have a Black Macbook and this was one of the things I was worried about.

7. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

When I had my blackbook(Core Duo) it started to chip a tiny bit, but that was after almost a year. The biggest problem was mine was the cracking in the palmrest. I eventually sold it because I didn't want to deal with that stuff.