Black MacBook Peeling

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AirborneAngel, Nov 26, 2007.

1. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

Yes, another blackbook mac issue, my black macbook is peeling around where my right wrist rests while I am typing, although this is a small issue I was just wondering if there is any chance that Apple will replace my macbook if this does become a major issue? The reason I am asking this is because I do not have apple care. Thanks! (PS MacBook is 3-4 months old.)

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

If this is a small issue now, it will be an even bigger issue later on. Send it in for repair.

You can always buy AppleCare later within a year of your purchase.

3. Matek macrumors 6502a

Apple care is just extended warranty - not extended in terms of covering more different problems, but simply extended as in 3 years instead of 1 year. This means that for the first year, even if you don't have apple care, you are completely equal to people who do, so the option of apple replacing your macbook has nothing to do with you having apple care.

4. AirborneAngel thread starter macrumors 6502

So does that mean I can take it in to the Apple store to get my Black Macbook replaced?

5. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Sure can, anytime within 12 months of purchase (they have the serial numbers on file)