Black Macbook power cord color

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobioden, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I just ordered a Black Macbook today and was wondering what the color of the power cord and adapter are? I know they are white for the White Macbook, but are the also white for the Black Macbook? I am hoping they are black.

Thanks,

Bob

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Sorry, they are white, regardless of the computer color.

3. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I would have probably been a logistical nightmare for apple to have different power supply SKUs, but in my opinion they should have gone that extra step.

On the same note, I have a Gen 5 iPod (black) and it drives me nuts the sync cord/headphones/dock/wall leech are all white.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

These little details being ignored are signs of growth with Steve Jobs ...

Before and during the NeXT era, he would have done it.

But sometimes the cost isn't worth it, and at some point good enough keeps the company in cash.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Does it really matter? Even if the power cord was black, you would inevitably need to use a cable that wasn't black.

I have white, black, and gray cords plugged into my white iMac - it's unavoidable.

6. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I'm not so sure about that. Most of the time I literally have nothing attached to my MBP as I use it, except when I need a charge. My 'net, wireless. My headphones, wireless. I'm occasionally plugging in a USB card reader, but thats only for a few minutes at a time. Anyway, the white looks find with the aluminum of the MBP.

But don't get me wrong; I'm not making a federal case of it; I got the black iPod knowing that I'd have white phones/charger/cable. It just would have been a little bonus from a company that invests in style.

7. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

Keep in mind that the wires are actually kinda greyish. The magsafe connector and power brick are white, but the wires are grey. It looks pretty nice and highlights the "Macbook" and keyboard text which are written in white.

8. Tshapi macrumors regular

listen to our selves, talking about white not being good enough for black. white and black go together. white and black go with anything. white goes with black black goes with white. it's not like the cables are mustard yellow or violet or brown.

white is very stylish with BLACK. just as black is very stylish with white

9. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

I completely agree with you on that one mate. Just look at the black MacBook below with it's striking looking white on black exterior. It makes the white one look dull! Just like the MBP the Apple logo is white and so matches nicely with the white power brick and grey cord.

Attached Files:

10. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

You use the standard ear phones? god they're awful, that was the first thing I replace when I get a Mac. Sell my old iPod with the new ear phones, then get some good Koss, Sennheiser or Sony earphones.