Black Macbook Price

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Steven.nevets, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Steven.nevets macrumors regular

Since when was the Black Macbook a reasonable deal? Looking on the Canadian store, the top white one is 1449, and the black is 1649. But the black comes with a 120 gb HD, and when you add that to the white book, it comes out to 1629. So a $20 difference for black? That seems very reasonable. Now maybe I will have to get a black one when the time comes...

2. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

It's definately a better value now with what they have added from when I got mine.

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

They reduced the differential, at one point it used to be $150!

4. Steven.nevets thread starter macrumors regular

I know! Soon I'm going to be looking at a macbook for university, and although I loved the black, $150 seemed like too much for a different colour. Now that it is much more reasonable, and since I would most likely be upgrading the hard drive anyway, there isn't much reason not to. I just love that matte black.

5. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

I didn't notice this, thanks for pointing it out. I got a white one because of the earlier price difference of $150

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    use the edu discount. I actually qualified for it, but it doesn't seem like they check at all if I didn't.

7. danny_w macrumors 601

I believe the change came with the C2D models. People were still complaining about the huge price difference and not bothering to read that you got a larger hd with the deal. So if you were going to get the hd anyway, it made the 'black' price premium quite reasonable.

8. naturallight macrumors member

Does anyone know *why* the HD upgrade is so costly (USD135)? For PC's a similar upgrade is half the cost. Is there something unique about Apple HD's?

9. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

nothing unique about apple ones, a harddrive is a hardrive :D it's so easy to change on a MB that there is no reason not to buy one and do it youself.