Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bladehavoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I was looking at the Adobe website for the CS4 and I found an intriguing flash animation containing this picture:

1cklu.png

It's what appears to be a Mac notebook - and the gap on the sides lead me to believe its a MBP. However, it has a smaller bezel and appears to be black. It also seems to have MacBook-type keys. Am I just seeing things or is this just me interpreting a picture wrong?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
They needed a computer that looked sleek, but they didn't want to bother Apple, so they Photoshopped the current MBP to look like a generic computer.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
But I have admit, that Photoshop job looks pretty sweet. (Well let's hope Adobe can use Photoshop like pros).

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Good eye! I think we can chalk this up to 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' they simply needed the appeal of an Apple with a color that matched the page.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Well, they're using Firefox on OS X, so they did bother Apple in order to use that picture. So why didn't they asked permission for both at the sime time? Bring the speculation back!:)

jTreu

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Apple should make a black aluminum pro though, that with the mb keyboard would look slick.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Gasp! Adobe digitally manipulates the photographs in their advertising?!? Gasp!

duykur

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
i'm not sure if it would look good, it might, but it also seems a little generic. The Macbook pro has always been a stand out laptop and I would like it to stay that way.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Well, they're using Firefox on OS X, so they did bother Apple in order to use that picture. So why didn't they asked permission for both at the sime time? Bring the speculation back!:)

Why would they have to ask Apple for permission to show a generic looking computer running an open source browser on top of an OS that could ask well be Linux with a skin?

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
A black MBP would be sweet. It would look like the iPod Classic. Now all Apple would need is a red aluminum notebook the same color as the third gen iPod Nano.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Why would they have to ask Apple for permission to show a generic looking computer running an open source browser on top of an OS that could ask well be Linux with a skin?

Sorry! A friend told me the same thing. I thought the opposite. Thanks for correcting me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.