Black Macbook Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Adammg, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Adammg macrumors newbie

I am having issues with my Macbook, at times when I am viewing videos on youtube or listening to music in iTunes. I will hear crackling sounds from my speakers and experience freezes. The freezes sometimes get so bad all I can do is just power off. When this happens I notice in my iStat the CPU useage is spiking. Appears the worst happens when using Flash based programs. I've been told it could possibly be my video card, is there a diagnostic program or way I can test this? I am having a hard time replicating the problem just have to wait until it happens again. My macbook passes the built in diagnostic tool.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    Adammg

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Your best bet is to take it to the Apple Store. I've never heard of this problem.

3. Adammg thread starter macrumors newbie

ty for the reply, I think I found the problem. It happened again and noticed this red light blinking in my headphone port (Honestly, thought it was sparking at first lol). Still not sure what to do but now I can notice if I press down on the left side of the palm rest is when it goes out. Sounds like its thinking somethings being plugged and unplugged thats what I get the clicking in the speakers and the cut outs. Does this sound like a cheap fix or am I looking at something expensive, no Apple stores around here.