Black Macbook Problems?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ikkydesign, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ikkydesign macrumors newbie

I want to buy a black macbook but I am very afraid that the hardware will be crap. I see all these stories about bad mac hardware and am wondering on all the negative things about the mac, such as their tendency for dvd/cd drives to crap out. The few people that I have talked to who have macs had problem with either their cd-drive or with their wireless. I want the black mackbook as appose to the MBP b/c I think the MBP looks ugly and so does the keyboard; the keyboard seems like a bad use of bevel using photoshop, sure the backlight is nice if you look at the keyboard, which I don't. I heard the black mackbook had issues with paint flacking off, but this seems just not plausible. I really want to know how reliable the macbook is going to be. Thanks

2. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

i have been on these threads for over a year now and i dont know where u are here that the hardware is bad. Apple's build quality is one of MANY advantages it has over getting a PC so that shouldnt be a problem, only the rare case of something serious. A well maintained Macbook will last you as long as you want it to, if you take care of it. And the paint is no longer an issue as the new blackbooks arent painted black but the plastic IS black.

3. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Had my Core Duo Blackbook for about 18 months. No sign of paint flaking off. The new macbooks have a different finish and are apparently not suscpetible to flaking anyway so I wouldn't worry.