Black Macbook Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macinprince, Oct 28, 2008.

1. macinprince macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just bought a Black Macbook from ebay for £375 and jut collected it. I have a few q's if you could answer please...

1: The macbook is a bit dirty, whats the best way to clean the grime and bits of crap off the body and screen?

2: The mouse trackpad is shiny where its obviously been used alot. Can i replace this part? , or is there a better way to get rid of the shine?

3: Can i get a complete body for the macbook? , if so how much and where?

4: Currently it has 1gb ram in it and have just bought 4gb ram for it. On the box i noticed now it says 2gb max but have read on here and other places that it will take 4gb. WHich is correct?

Many Thanks

Matt

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

1. with difficulty - if it on the lcd cover (where the Apple logo is) then Brasso is good
    2. Yes - keyboard and wristrests/trackpad all one item - look on eBay for MacBook topcase - 30 minutes to swap. You will never get rid of the shine...Does it have any cracks along the front edges perhaps ?
    3. Yes - called a bottom case - 2 different models - big job
    4. depends which model it is - go to Apple menu >about this Mac>more info
    If it says MacBook 1,1 - max is 2GB
    MacBook 2,1 will take 4GB but can only use 3.3GHz
    MacBook 3,1 and 4,1 will take 4GB and use all 4GB

3. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

1. I'd use iKlear - that's what I used when I bought a BlackBook from someone. Did an excellent job.

2. I used a Power Support trackpad protector. You can find them on the Apple Store's site here. I paid like $15 for 2 sets. They're black and they match and fit perfectly. No more shine, it's black so it blends it, and protects it well. Highly recommended.

3. Not sure about that. It'd probably be pricey and hard to do, though. Try cleaning it and using the trackpad protector before you go the expensive route. It made a huge difference for me.