Black MacBooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tulani, May 26, 2013.

1. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

Why are black MacBooks rare or are they not? Or it's just a myth?

2. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

They're rare cause they ceased to exist 4 years ago.

3. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

4. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

When I was buying my old white unibody Macbook I looked into both, white looked nicer for me and I read that finger prints were an issue on the black and I HATE finger prints.

5. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Maybe they didn't sell well, only Apple knows, I find the Aluminium much better looking, even the white ones do look much better but that of course is personal preference.

6. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

I thought the same love for black iPhones would prevail for the MacBooks as well?

7. mslide macrumors 6502a

Probably because, at least when I bought mine (late 2006), you had to get the more expensive MB to get it in black and most people buying MacBooks just got the base model (like how the 13" MBP base is most likely a much bigger seller than the upgraded version). Not only that, with the model I have at least, if you outfitted a white MacBook to have the exact same specs as the black one, the white one was slightly cheaper. You were basically paying extra just for the color.

If they had offered a base model black MacBook for the same price as the white one, it probably would have been a much bigger seller. Just like if they offered a black base-model MBP today at the same price, it would probably be a good seller (I'd get one).

8. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

i would get a black variation too. perhaps they need to rethink this one?:confused:

9. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

Please apple if you are reading this thread kindly bring us back the black MacBooks. Thank you.

10. stephenxiii macrumors regular

stephenxiii

ive got a black one i just think it looks smart

11. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I wish Apple still made them. To this day, I think that the black MacBook was the most stylish computer they ever built.

12. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

I just bought a mint black macbook about 2 months ago...love it,except it is a finger print magnet!

13. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I remember this as well. Pretty sure it was around $100 more just for the black color when having the exact same specs on the black vs. white. Crazy!

14. burnout8488 macrumors 6502a

More. You had to get the computer pretty much maxed out, CPU, Ram, and storage-wise.

15. laptoplover2 macrumors member

The MacBook itself was Apple's best laptop. It was the awesomest looking and it was the best selling Mac laptop in history. I personally could go with either white or black, but if the black one wasn't so much more expensive than the white one I would have probably gotten black.