Black mark on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Artmuzz, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

Hi,

I took my MacBook Pro out from its black slipcase this morning and was horrified to find a black mark on the top part of the case near where the apple logo is.

I tried using a damp cloth to remove the black mark and took most of mark away but I cannot remove it completely.

Does anyone know what I can use to completely remove the mark.

I am persuming the black mark has come from the slipcase. What I am worried about is if the black mark has come from the MacBook Pro:eek:

Please advise

Artmuzz

2. archi17 macrumors regular

one of them magic eraser things. They work for everything, sorry i forgot the full name

3. Herrow macrumors regular

I used this Eraser to remove a similar mark on our MBP. Worked like a charm.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Mr Clean Magic Eraser is a must have for any Laptop owner.

5. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

how hot was the laptop when you put it in the case?

6. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

The black mark was on the lid part of the MacBook Pro. I always thought it was the bottom part of the notebook that got hot persuming you mean the heat off my Macbook Pro was the reason for the black dye coming off the slipcase.

Anyway it happened again this afternoon when I took my MacBook Pro out of its slipcase. The edge of my Macbook pro on the lid had more black marks so I just trashed the slipcase.:(

I should of known not to buy from Tesco. Here is the slipcase that has been more bother than use for my MacBook Pro

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-8327.aspx

In future I will have to get a white coloured quality slipcase.