Black Menu bar?

Trance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
i seen a screenshot with someone with a black menubar, how could i achieve this?
is it difficult, could it cause any damage to my os, could it easily be restored?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i seen a screenshot with someone with a black menubar, how could i achieve this?
is it difficult, could it cause any damage to my os, could it easily be restored?
Just so you're aware, I've seen countless threads posted over the years from people asking for help with problems that were created by "customizing" the menu bar, dock, etc. I wouldn't recommend it. YMMV

Comment
Nov 28, 2010
located
Nocturne can do that, it simply inverts it though.
There is also some other application starting with an "O", but I don't remember its name completely.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

And then there is this.

As to what Mister GGJstudios said, don't listen. It is much more fun to **** up the OS and then come here and ask for troubleshooting advise and spend a day or two fixing it.

Comment

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Just wondering why you'd want a black menubar....

you can invert the colors on your screen by pressing control-option-command-8

Comment

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You could turn on menu bar transparency then use a desktop photo that has a black bar along the top. This would get what you want with no hacking.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.