Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKThursday

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2005
Hey all,
I just got a brand new updated MacBook yesterday and I'm loving it. I only got the base version because I didn't think the dvd burner and 200 MHz was worth $200.00, especially when I can get 4 GB of RAM for $130.00 shipped.
So, anywho, I opened it up and found a new accessory in the "Every thing else" box. Apple is including a black Microfiber cloth with a little embossed Apple on it.
I didn't see any mention of it on MR, so I figured it might be new with this rev.

~Thursday

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Mine had that too. Not sure if its supposed to be a tiny mouse pad or a cloth to clean the screen.

GKThursday

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2005
Mine had that too. Not sure if its supposed to be a tiny mouse pad or a cloth to clean the screen.

I think it's to clean the glossy screen, too flexible to work as a mousepad.

~Thursday

kfs777

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010

why would they give you a mousepad when the computers a multitouch. I've never heard of a microfiber mousepad either but maybe you're onto something; it would be great for optical mice and imagine how smooth the mouse would glide on it. Maybe you should bring that to the patent office :D

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
Every MBP omes with a black cloth, sale with all the Apple LCD screens and iMac's

sadcamper

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
why would they give you a mousepad when the computers a multitouch. I've never heard of a microfiber mousepad either but maybe you're onto something; it would be great for optical mice and imagine how smooth the mouse would glide on it. Maybe you should bring that to the patent office :D

Why are you responding to a 3 year old thread? :confused::confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.