black OEM cover blue glue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hexproject, Jul 18, 2007.

1. hexproject macrumors member

hi, trying to retrofit a black cover , but need some help.
    after you take it apart... the blue glue..

anyone know what is it?

Attached Files:

2. jersey macrumors regular

I dont know what the glue is ....... but damn, you slaughtered that back case.

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

anyone smart enough

Anyone smart enough to remove the cover should be able to find a glue that works. Do you pull the wings off of flies too?:eek:

4. hexproject thread starter macrumors member

wasn't my iphone!

hehee, wasn't my iphone.. was from one of those people that destroyed their phone using a hammer...
    i am just collecting information about the back case...

5. Kchino macrumors member

I can't wait till someone offers the black oem back installation. It will be the HOTNESS! I'm too chicken to do it myself.

6. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

rather than start a new post, i figured i'd just re-ask this question...

any idea what type of glue this is? or more importantly how you remove it? it's a hard cement-like adhesive and the metal portions along the sides of the phone are extremely brittle.

7. The Prise macrumors member

dude rather then risk it just get these guys to do a compete custom job on yo piece. and im pretty sure they warranty it anyways. for a year.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

do it do it!:apple:

8. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

i had colorware paint an old 4g ipod a few years ago. while i was pleased with the results it was too expensive then, and the iphone is more than double what they charged for ipods. so no, i'm not going that route. two, i already have the black housing and everything transferred from the silver with the exception of the metal side slats.
    warranty's are nice and all, but if something breaks, i just buy a new one, i typically don't mess with warranties.

cheers

9. rroback macrumors member

The only blue glue I've ever seen is blue locktite, but that's definetly not locktite. I wouldn't worry to much about the glue, either use a c.a., or tiny dabs of silicon, as it's much less brittle.

10. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

i was more looking for a good way to remove the glue. i planned on using superglue to reinstall everything, but the problem is getting the stuff OFF the original backing. apple used friggin cement on this thing!