Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black or White 5G iPod

• Black iPod

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • White iPod

Votes: 34 52.3%

• Total voters

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
I'm looking to buy a new iPod within the next couple weeks and I was wondering should I get a black or white one. I heard scratches showed up easier on the black one but I wanted to get everybody's opinion. Thanks.

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
mulze22 said:
I'm looking to buy a new iPod within the next couple weeks and I was wondering should I get a black or white one. I heard scratches showed up easier on the black one but I wanted to get everybody's opinion. Thanks.

I would get a black one just cuz i have a white nano... i WANTED to get a black nano but didnt cuz of the SCRATCH FACTOR.But i would get a black one if you have an iPod that doesnt scratch/show scratches easily.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Not only does the black show scratches easily but it shows EVERYTHING easily. Even your fingerprints will show up easily on the black giving it a hazy look instead of the nice shinny black.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
i got a black one. this was said about the black nano, not sure by whom:

(its an interpretation, not verbatim) "the u2 ipod is like a white, wanna-be black gangster from the 'burbs. the black nano is the thugged-out, gonna bust a cap on yo' ass gangsta from tha hood." -i'm not sure who said it.

BTW i'm not trying to be racist, just pointing out that somebody said it.

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
White

I'd go white. Black will show dirt, fingerprints, etc. White also just looks more Apple-like. If you do get a black, make sure you always use that protective sleeve that comes with it.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2005
G5Unit said:
I am personally waiting for the next gen of iPods that hopefully wont scratch as much.

Any guesses when that will be?? Maybe March-April??

Lord Sandwich

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2005
I loved the black iPod when it first came out, but now that the novelty's worn off I much prefer white. Black just makes it look like every other consumer device out there, almost unworthy of the Apple logo. IMHO. :)

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Was thinking of getting the black one for a long time, but reading about how it shows the scratches means I'm now getting a white one.

And puckhead193 is right. iPods are white.

the.tourist77

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2005
UK
I have ordered a black 30 and an invisible shield.

Now, why don't Apple get together with theinvisibleshield.com and factory produce sratch resistant iPods?

OK, the iPod case market would die but I never really liked cases anyway.

StangMan04

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2005
Richmond,Va
the.tourist77 said:
I have ordered a black 30 and an invisible shield.

Now, why don't Apple get together with theinvisibleshield.com and factory produce sratch resistant iPods?

OK, the iPod case market would die but I never really liked cases anyway.

Im sure they will eventually, just charge alittle more for the ipods to cover the price. i want a wireless headphone set for mine, do they have them yet? :confused:

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I bought the black one for a change of pace and by no means regret it... but I do miss the classic white. So my next iPod will definitely be white :). (voted for black since i bought black)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.