Black or White bezel on the iPhone 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dusterbob, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Dusterbob macrumors newbie

Just wondered people's opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of each bezel colour.

2. techspin macrumors 6502a

Black...more seamless and probably easier on the eyes. White: more distinctive, most have no problem with it since they focus on the screen anyway, looks great with a lot of case combos.

There's quite a few threads on this though. See below for more.

3. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Personally I like black bezel more but god I love that gold back. :D Ideal iPhone would be black and gold combined.

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I only care about how well it does it's job as a device to serve my needs

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I swap colour each new phone I get, I prefer the black though if I had to only pick one.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I think is just a matter of tastes .... I prefer the white one, but my current iPhone 6 is black (a gift from my wife last Christmas).

7. jonstatt1 macrumors regular

The white is more distinctive....for example, the home button also gains a coloured ring to match the back case (gold ring, gold case). So in my opinion it is more "trendy" or "fashionable". But I think if you watch a lot of video on it, then the black border gives you more of that TV or cinema-esque screen effect. Personally I have gone for a white/gold 6S plus, and a black/space grey iPad pro. I felt it was more important to have a black border for the pro as there is a lot more border to be distracted by and I am more likely to watch video on it.

As for why Apple don't make the black border with other colours? I have been puzzling over that ever since they made such decisions and the only reason I can come up with is that black and gold or black and silver looks too "bling" like some kind of gangster.....but on the forums I see requests for this so often!

8. geta macrumors 6502a

I only care that the phone meets my needs... anyways they dont offering the color i would like to have -
    black bezel with rose gold back :D

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Umm... That's what OP is asking.

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I like the look of the white, but wouldn't want it 24-7. Sometimes I'm in the mood for the low-key minimalist look, so I stick with Space Gray / Black. If I want some color I'll use cases for that.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

12. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

I just got my first white iPhone and I love it.

I feel like people who complain that the white bezels are a problem never have actually used a white iPhone.

Our eyes adapt. When I watch videos my focus is the content not the bezels. When I first got the phone and watched some videos, afterwards I remember saying to myself "wait.. I thought the white bezels were supposed to be a problem"

13. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

I've waffled over the years and find black is easier on my older peepers. ;)

14. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

You barely notice the white when immersed in whatever you are doing. The only time you notice it is when it is sitting still looking purdy!

15. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

16. S.T.A.R., Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015

S.T.A.R. macrumors regular

S.T.A.R.

I can live with either one but I prefer the white. Black is classic, white is classy.

17. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I have heard some say that black makes viewing videos and such easier and that is why all televisions have black bezels. I have the white/silver 6S and honestly I don't have any issues in viewing. I do feel that the white shows less fingerprints than the black. When the black faceplate is clean, it is very sleek so really you cannot go wrong.

I like white personally because of the colored ring around the home button and the contrast of the black screen and white bezel when the phone is off. I also feel that the tendency for whites in the iOS design flow nicely with the white bezel. Just a few considerations.

18. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

While I like both, I am now getting devices with white bezels as it cuts down on fingerprints quite a bit.

19. pearphone7 macrumors newbie

pearphone7

Black looks a lot better to my eye, idk I just think white can look cheaper. I had a white iPad for a long time and while it didn't really bother me, I definitely won't go white again given the choice. It looks a lot cleaner when the screens off as well.

20. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Black will show scratches and fingerprints more than white as well.

21. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

It's strictly a matter of personal taste. I prefer the black bezel.

22. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

I'm a huge fan of the silver back. If I had my choice, I'd have a silver back with a black face. I had a space gray 5s and 6, then went for the silver 6 Plus. Got another 6 in silver then a 6S and 6S Plus both in silver. I've gotten used to the white face and as I said, I love the silver back. I guess the white/silver is my go to color. Unless of course they come out with a black/silver combo. I do like how the white face blends well with many of the iOS apps that are mainly white. I have no interest in either variation of gold.

23. bt311 macrumors member

Black. It does not distract as much as white.

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

The space gray is so light on the 6 and 6s phones it seems to be closer to silver than it is to gray (or anything darker).

25. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I prefer the black bezel when the display is turned off, while I like the white bezel with iOS since they changed everything with iOS 7.
    One disadvantage of the white bezel is the black frame you notice when the display is on. Is about 1mm thin and you get used to it, but you don't have the same problem if you chose a black iPhone