Black or White coming from Black iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steffi, Oct 15, 2011.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Where's the thread that summarizes the pros and cons of going white or black with the 4s?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You don't need a thread. White is girly and black is manly. There. Summarized.

(I was just kidding... :p )

3. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Went with 64 GB 4s in Black.

4. HBKDinobot macrumors newbie

I had a black iPhone 4... I went with white just so I can tell them apart, and it seems newer.

5. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Sadly, even though you were kidding, the majority of the idiots on the forum actually feel this way :rolleyes:

6. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I see white as a throwback to the original iPod days. Gender stereotyping the white as girly and the black as more masculine makes no sense. The popularity of the iBook, MacBook, and original iPod were very popular products for men and women alike.

I like black because human eyes have a tendacy to want to shift colors if you stare at then too long, particularly white. I couldn't own a white iPhone because I do a lot of web browsing on my iPhone and prefer black borders.

It's really a preference of how it looks to you, nothing more.

7. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had a black iPhone 4, so figured I'd get a white iPhone 4S for a change of pace. But after I looked at it in person I realised I'm not really a fan of the how much the screen stands out or how visible the proximity sensor is.

I bought a black iPhone 4S too which I'm using now and, honestly, the speed improvements alone make it feel fresh enough. Just use a different wallpaper or something if you stick with the black.

8. troop231 macrumors 603

9. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, I know, which makes it funnier. :D

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If someone things white is girly, they are certainly entitled to think that. And if someone else lets that bother them, that is their problem, not the idiot who thinks white is girly. Everyone should be focused on their own reasons for wanting something, be it black or white or 16GB or 64GB and not be concerned with what complete strangers on the Internet think.

Having said that I got a 64GB black because I am a manly man... arrghhh argghhh arghhhh!!!! :p

12. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Got Black

Didn't feel comfortable in public with white. Plus the chance for robbery increases.

13. transam7816 macrumors regular

I'd prolly go white and switch the only the back out for red. White on the front and red on the back.

14. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

That's embarrassing.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

White is for girls

Black is for boys

…damn that's news to me, I didn't know I was a girl.

16. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I decided to stick with a black 32 gb for myself, while my wife opted for the white 32 gb. I must say, the white has grown on me since she got hers. Very classy and sharp looking.