Black or White?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by venomgt95, Jan 6, 2015.

?

Black or White?

1. Black

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. White

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Both are nice

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

Which screen color for iPod touch do you prefer? Me, having used both,i can say i like them equally. I just recently bought a white 4th gen off my friend and after almost 2 years of using a black one, i can say i overhyped the white one. Sure, it was amazing when i got it, but after using it for a bit, its lost its novelty.

2. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Black is technically better for many people, because the black display border is less distracting than a white border.

3. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

Is it weird to say that i actually like it?

4. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

No. Whether you like a color or not is personal opinion. But black is technically a less distracting content border than white. For example, look at something like photo frames: there are more black frames than white frames for this reason.

5. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

I like the white because (at least for me) it makes the screen pop out more, (which i like) where as with the black, the screen just kinda has a flat feeling to it.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I think the white makes the device look cheap for whatever reason. It looks like a screen protector.

But then I have an iPhone, iPod Touch, and Nano with it, heh. :rolleyes:

Will definitely go back to a black bezeled iPhone next time. But can live with it on the Touch as it's just my music player.

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

I had to order a silver/white 5G instead of settling for a black one - for me the 5G just looks better in silver/white than the black.

My iPhone 6 however is black/gray, so for me my preferences are per device, per generation. Sometimes black looks better, other times, white, and I buy accordingly.

8. AlexxRyzhkov macrumors regular

Black
    My 5S and 6 were White/Gold, and honestly I really miss Black.
    I only got the gold because it was the only one in stock

9. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Not only is black less distracting, but the glass makes the screen look like it blends even more with the black.

On the other hand, the white face could look a lot worse.

10. ackmondual macrumors 6502a

ackmondual

I prefer black. Also like how the front facing bezel's also black (unlike the IpT5 where the non-white and non-black models all have white as the bezel color). One downside is if you drop it in a dark spot like between cushions, or beneath your car seat, it's harder to find.