Black or White......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacSurge, Jun 14, 2007.

1. MacSurge macrumors member

Ok Im looking at both the midddle an black macboks.. They are both the same exept for the color and the HD space in the Black... . The white one is $200.00 less than the black... And the only difference is the bigger HD on the black.. And I can live with that so I dont rly care.... lol:D Im also going to use the EDU discount... So should I go for the white or the black... is there any other differences... besides the black cost more:D

Help plz!

- Thanks

-------------------Regards

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Technically no, there aren't any differences other than those you mentioned.

3. deanops macrumors regular

white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...white...

this is the same prob i had, and when i saw the black in the store i said "yuk" ans when for the classy and classic apple white

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There isn't any other differences, and you can add the larger HD to the white one and still have it cost less than the black.

5. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

The white might stain easier than the black. If you really dont care get the white, it's most distinguishable as an apple. and save money.

6. MacSurge thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I was thinking........ I will probably go for thewhite then...;) :apple: :cool:

7. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Logically, the white is a better buy. You can get the exact same processor, memory, RAM, upgrade the HD, screen size.... for significantly less $$ than the black.

The Black looks FAR cooler. I am getting Black.
    (call me crazy)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Of course, the darker shade of black makes the MacBook less susceptible to harmful UV-based damage to the hard drive and GPU. In particular, the black helps shield the GPU from UV-A rays which have been known to short circuit the internal circuitry of the GPU. Studies have shown that black is roughly 55% more effective as a colour for protecting a plastic-shrouded device, compared with white. This is all very well in theory, but these figures translate to roughly 13% more longevity for the average user who may take their MacBook outside for half an hour a day, four days a week. Naturally, results vary from continent to continent, but in Australia where the UV rays are at their strongest due to the hole in the ozone layer, this can also attribute to LCD longevity as the white reflects the UV-A rays right back at the screen. From an economic standpoint, the solid black MacBook could last anywhere up to five or six months longer in a place like Australia, compared with the white equivalent. As such, this surcharge of US$200 (less the added cost of upgrading the white MacBook's hard drive), must be weighed up against the prospects of a longer lifespan which will be compounded by better resale values, since everyone knows these simple facts about UV-A rays and their effects. Anyway, if you've managed to get this far through my post without contorting from excess sarcasm, then go ahead, buy the black MacBook. You'll thank me later, when the GPU remains perfectly intact at least two weeks longer than the GPU of a similarly-aged white MacBook. :)

9. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

10. jne381 macrumors regular

Black....no, white....no, no, black....definitely white....black without a doubt....really, white....but what about Black....no, white....no, no, black....definitely white....black without a doubt....really, white....but what about Black....no, white....no, no, black....definitely white....black without a doubt....really, white....but what about Black....no, white....no, no, black....definitely white....black without a doubt....really, white....but what about Black....no, white....no, no, black....definitely white....black without a doubt....really, white....but what about Black....no, white....no, no, black....definitely white....black without a doubt....really, white....but what about Black.

11. 66217 Guest

Now I know why they call you mad jew. This post is madness to the extreme.:D

12. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Unless you need the extra power the MBP offers, get the white MB. For the price of the MBP, you can almost get 2 MBs.

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yet not nearly as Jewish as I'd have hoped.