Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Hi,

I accidently took off the black panel at the back of the iphone. I did this when I got it, looking for the sim card of all things (didn't have a clue). It didn't come off well and it certainly didn't want to go back on (its forced on but not flush), seems you need tools to slide it off, my question is, if I order this black panel ($15) can it be put on first or the whole back needs to come off first then put this on?

Its not on flush anymore so that sucks

Thanks

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
Hi,

I accidently took off the black panel at the back of the iphone. I did this when I got it, looking for the sim card of all things (didn't have a clue). It didn't come off well and it certainly didn't want to go back on (its forced on but not flush), seems you need tools to slide it off, my question is, if I order this black panel ($15) can it be put on first or the whole back needs to come off first then put this on?

Its not on flush anymore so that sucks

Thanks

how can you accidently take off an entire panel?

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
OK, I know I am not being helpful here… but just having looked at my iPhone how does one take any of the panels off? :confused: :eek:

Must have been a nightmare with the speakers and power connection all in there.

Especially considering the sim slot is visible on the top edge.

oates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
yea, ok, It wasn't an accident. I was actually looking for the sim card/expecting it to come off easy go back easy.

I have come a long way! Incl. learning about jailbreaking, using SSH etc. so I'm not as clueless now.

Nonetheless, this black part can be purchased for $15, anyone know if you need a tool to slide it on or if the silver part (large part of the back) needs to be removed first.

Thanks

oates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
thanks!

that's pefect, I will get the black panel (antenna cover) and that tool and go from there.

I guess if you have a silver cover (not sure what its called) that isn't flush on one side, that's just a defect you can't correct (it is flush on one side but not the other).

cdavi060

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
i just finished replacing the aluminum casing and the black cover will go on with no tools just need to take your time and see how it slides on. clips right in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.