Black Plastic 3G Cover = Odd Design Choice

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sportsfrk214, May 8, 2010.

1. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Well no so much the fact that it has that black case, because I understand it needs it to get the 3G reception through. No, my problem is that the case comes around to the front of the device, subbing for the bezel along most of the top of the front of the device. Anyone else find this to be an odd design choice? Could Apple have found no way to keep it strictly on the back, and keep the bezel intact? Just seems weird to me. It *almost* makes me want to not buy the 3G version because I just can't get over how poor it looks. I know I'm nitpicking here, but I hope for the second generation they change this. In a company whose design focuses on clean lines, I don't see that as clean.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

It's not that serious.

A case will do good to cover it up.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Really? You almost don't want to a 3G, which is a practical feature, because it doesn't support your aesthetic sense. Maybe if it was a huge wall wart or something, but it seems pretty minor to me. If it bothers you that much just get a TPU or silicone case to cover it up.

The bezel has to be black (one piece) because it helps hold the rest of the black back to the case. I can't think of a different solution that wouldn't require screws or a some other even less elegant way to attach the back to iPad's frame.

5. troop231 macrumors 603

Suggestion for plastic 3G strip: use a case or paint it silver. If you so dare to :D

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

From a manufacturing efficiency standpoint, it's much easier to cut a notch in the edge of a piece of metal than to create a hole somewhere else.