Black Plastic on Back Seems to Have Loosened

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by B.A., Feb 23, 2008.

1. B.A. macrumors regular

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else-
    On the back of my 2 wk old iPhone, the black plastic piece on the back is making a creaking noise and has some noticeable "play" (can be worked in and out). Is this something an Apple store might fix (or less likely, replace) for me? My local Apple Store is about 40 mins away, so I just thought I'd get some opinions before wasting the gas money.

2. TedB macrumors member

Same thing happened to my old iPhone. The back area close be pushed in just a tad and made a weird noise. It was not bad enough that I though that it would fall off or anything, but it bothered me. I had never dropped my iPhone onto anything but carpet, so it had to of occurred on its own.

Luckily (sorta) my old iPhone developed a bubble under the screen, brought it back to the apple store, and they gave me a new one on the spot. I never brought up the black plastic issue since there was no need.

Sorry I can't help you with what the store will do to it, but you are not the only one that has had the problem.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. B.A. thread starter macrumors regular

If this was like a year into my contract I probably would do just that, but considering this is so new and they are so expensive, if I can get it replaced, I'd like to do that. So does anyone think Apple would fix/replace this for me?

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What's it going to hurt...

just take it in to the Apple Store. What's the worse that can happen? They might say no; then just get the nice hard case for it. :cool: