Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
lilstewart92 said:
Yeah, look at the iBook page. They both have 1024x768 resolutions, but the iBook 14" dock is smaller than the 12". Misleading the users that you are getting more screen real estate on the 14" than the 12"...
What? Dock looks the same to me....

Attachments

• indextop20050726.jpg
    indextop20050726.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 87

Meyvn

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
berkleeboy210 said:
Send it into ColorwarePC and for $399 i believe you'll have a Jet Black PowerBook

That's hopefully what I'll be doing, even if it is a bit frivolous. Can't wait.

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
I'd vote for a gray/graphite/gunmetal PowerBook...

blueflame said:
they should go gunmetal on all the powerbooks. silver is almost out, black has never been out, gunmetal is that gorgeous blackish color. Ive seen great Calibri lighters that use it and ive always wanted a powerbook like it.
its so close to mixing the nice qualities of the metal and the black together. and better than annodizing am i correct?
also, if i had my preference, i think id have it pitted. bigger pits, maybe like rivets even? ala' the g5?
i think i would sell my powerbook right now and buy that one if it looked like that,
ajk

Moving the PowerBooks back towards the dark side (of the color spectrum) would be very nice, so long as it is done in moderation. I don't think black would be a good look, even keeping the aluminum. Graphite/gunmetal would be really, really nice :)eek: :eek: ).

if I had any input, though, I'd say only shift the color in moderation. Only a few shades darker: enough to show the difference, but not so much as to create to strong of a contrast with the display. I like having the silver because it is very neutral with respect to what I have on my desktop. Having a strong black or strong white border would be slightly disruptive. A nice shade of graphite (in aluminum) would be nice. If Apple does go in this direction, I have strong faith that they'd do a good job picking the color.

I can imagine Ive and Jobs arguing over two shades of gray that 98% of the population couldn't even tell the difference between. :D

JohnEZ

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2005
Maybe they should offer the choice of aluminum or black?

I don't like the concept of a black PB, personally (though I'd have to see it first). I like it as it is--it's very hard to improve upon perfection :)

The option for black, graphite, or aluminum, on the other hand, I'd support whole-heartedly!

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
its just the lighting, they are using that pic to emphasize the new screen showing how bright it is in a dark surrounding, it is a marketing/advertising thing...no black PB's sorry

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Eevee said:
$399 to colour it Jet Black? Too expensive!

Rather use that money on something else.

Seriously. Have my PB painted, or buy an entirely new computer.

I'll take a new Mini instead, thanks ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.