Black screen after login (rMBP - Mountain Lion)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cooch22, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Cooch22 macrumors newbie

Hi I've only just signed up as recently purchased my first mac (rMBP).

After having updated to Mountain Lion, I'm getting a blank black screen after logging in (type in password, press enter -> black). A hard reset and booting up again seems to fix it (it allows me to log in). This is probably happening about 50% of the time I try to log in.

Turning off Automatic Graphics Switching seems to resolve it but means it uses the NVIDIA card 100% of the time.

Any advice? Is it worth getting it replaced or could it be a simple driver issue with the Intel graphics?

Anyone else experiencing this at all?

I'm new to Macs so I'm not sure if it's a common or easily-resolvable issue.

Thanks.

2. keyben85 macrumors newbie

Same problem here.

Just got my MBPr and a fresh install of mountain lion.

Sometimes, after I enter the password, a black screen comes up and stays there, other times it open the desktop as it should be.

Only the black screen appears after shutting down the mac with an other setting than the best for retina.

Login in when best for retina is selected = no black screen
    Login in with another setting higher or lower best for retina = black screen for a couple of times before I see the desktop.

More people with this problem and anyone an idea what's the problem?

3. deerfaced macrumors regular

4. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Thank u very much, turning in auto log in did the trick, must be a bug in sure they will fix soon. Thanks again I was about to nuke my while user account because if this!